Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Playing chicken

GAH!

I was looking forward to making a nice salad topped with grilled chicken tonight. Alas, when I opened the package of chicken breast, I got a whiff of that tell tale smell of meat gone bad. What is it with me and chicken? This is the third time in about two months that I ended up with bad chicken and a sudden need to improvise dinner with what's in the freezer and/or pantry. The first time was totally my fault, bought the chicken on Sunday and tried to cook it on Thursday or something. Even though the expiry date said it was good until the Saturday or so, I've since learned not to trust the label. The second time I think it was a combination of No Frills dregs and the 10 minute walk back home from the store. Another $7 or so down the drain. Tonight is totally inexplicable. I actually borrowed a car to go to LOBLAWS so that I could pick up three watercooler bottles of water and meat. I even made a point of bringing a cooler with ice packs and packing the meat in that for the short ride home -- to no avail. I hope the pork I bought is ok.

Anyhow I'll have to check and see if I can get a refund. But that means bringing a stinking tray of meat all the way back down. Ew.

I'm making burgers for dinner. Feh.

Thanks for reading this rant. I'll actually write about photography tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home