Tuesday, July 18, 2006

In memory


I had a great time photographing the entire Andaloro family after their 2005 Thanksgiving dinner. Jim (first from the left, kneeling), and his siblings Bruce and Debbie hired me to capture this annual event. (Jim is Fred's coach for the Dragons rugby team and sees me at many of the games snapping away).

I was sorry to hear that about the passing of Jim's mother, Mrs. Jacqueline Andaloro (6th from left, standing). She passed away peacefully, with her family by her side, on Friday, July 14, 2006 at the age of 77. Fred and I decided to pay our respects and went to the visitation yesterday. I was touched to see so many photos from the October photo session on display. The group photo was shown prominently with other photos of Mrs Andaloro's life.

It's hard to express the feeling I get when I realize how valuable and precious those few hours are that I spend photographing families, babies, weddings... The wedding photos from today will be cherished and after many decades may be displayed again to commemorate someone's life. The baby photos I take today will be trotted out to embarrass the future teenager in front of her new boyfriend, and maybe later be displayed at her wedding. It's amazing. My photography is not saving the world or curing cancer, but it's nice to know that what I do does touch the lives of many people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home