Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A blog's life

I don't actually know how many people read this blog. I did get confirmation that Torie and Erik are reading (hi guys!) and in turn I enjoy reading about their adventures in Paris (including Erik's newly exulted status as un scientifique -- read it for yourself on their blog. Another blog I enjoy reading is Gary Fong's. He is a mostly retired wedding photographer, the inventor of the Lightsphere flash diffuser and a self made millionaire. The Lightsphere, despite illiciting confusion -- "Jing, what IS that on your camera?!" -- is a fantastic tool that I really don't leave home without.

----

As part of my preparation for the wedding show in January, I have been checking the list of fellow exhibitors daily. So Hi! to you if you are doing the same to me!

I will be at the Hamilton-Halton Bridal Show at the Hamilton Convention Centre on January 7 and 8. The show runs from 11:30 to 5 p.m. and admission is just $10. Please drop by and say hello.

Can you believe that there are two other shows running the exact same weekend in Toronto? One is at the Ex, and the other at the Toronto Convention Centre. And this happens again in September, when all three shows coincide again. It just confirms the fact that there are more than enough consumers to go around, and that there is something out there for everyone. A quick google for a wedding service of your choice will reveal hundreds of hits and also reveal a wide range of price and style.

You can't be everything to everyone, but you can certainly be the right thing for many.

----


The aptly named Big Sky organic farm. Farmed with love and care by David and Debbie, Keswick Ridge, New Brunswick.