Tuesday, September 05, 2006

my cup overflows while it pours on my feast

Feast over famine, rains then pours, cup overfloweth... all three of these sayings apply to my week. Here's a brief overview:

- two trips to Georgetown later, we bought a car, yay! used of course, over 10 years old but spent half its winters in florida, so I looks great for its age.

- so long but not farewell to Stacie Dalrymple. It was good to see her at her goodbye party last Saturday. Another one migrated west to cow-town (Calgary)

- hello tenants! Welcome new tenants to our basement apartment. Of course that meant finishing a list of projects as long as my arm that have been put off for the past 2.5 years. This list continued even after they moved in on Thursday, including new items like replacing the bathroom fan -- the old one was installed poorly and vibrated against something and between its location and noise, made it sound like my computer was about to explode.

- I invented a gate

- We rearranged the kitchen. Granted, this project could be classified as a make-work, but it required both of our efforts and it was well worth it. Moving the fridge allows us to finally make use of the cupboards that were above it, magically creates more floorspace, and also makes the cooking 'triangle'.

- increased hours at Athletes for Africa. I guess this is the first I have written about this. For the next 5 months I have taken a part time position with Athletes for Africa, best known for the GuluWalk event. I'm there about 3 days a week as the donor relations officer... but last week, it was more like the database-wrestling-officer. Unfortunately the office is way in the east end and the commute is anywhere from 45 to 75 minutes each way (TTC or car, doesn't make a difference). We are looking for a more centrally located office. If anyone has a lead to an office space that can either be subsidized or donated by a private or corporate donor, please send them our way!

I can't say I don't enjoy being busy! Now that some of that home-stuff is out of the way it's time to pick up a camera again and get back on the photoshop.

Well, here's to a good September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home